Eczema is set to rise in Singapore, according to a report in Strait Times published on 8th Sept 2015, upto 20% of children in Singapore suffers from Eczema and KKH sees 8 to 10 new cases everyday.
The cause of eczema has not been fully understood but studies have shown it appears to be caused by genetic and environmental factors. In Singapore it is mainly due to the hot, humid weather and house dust mites, among others like allergies, stress, poor diet, dysfunctional immune systems and toxins building up in the body. Those with eczema would know very well that it is very difficult not to scratch, but scratching would cause the skin to spilt and bleed and leaving it open to infection.
Most of the time eczema causes patches of skin to become rough and inflamed, are dry, red and itchy. However in severe cases, there are blisters, weeping, crusting and bleeding. It is a very difficult condition that will affect quality of life, reduced self esteem and distorted self-image, disruption of relationships and family life and in worst cases – continuation of activities be it work or study.
Here at Nila, we offer aromatherapy – the use of natural essential oils and plant oils as a natural remedy for eczema relief:
In addition to aromatherapy, please check gut flora, eliminate the allergens that trigger eczema. The cornerstone of the treatment and prevention of eczema is regular, adequate MOISTURISING, to manage the skin inflammation and its symptoms.
In healthy skin, our cells are plumped with moisture, the fats and oils helps retains moisture, maintain body temperature and preventing damage and infection. When you have eczema, your skin produces less oils and fats, therefore is less able to retain much moisture, thus losing the natural barrier. The cornerstone of treatment and prevention of eczema is regular and adequate moisturising to manage inflammation and its symptoms.
Studies show that the use of moisturisers early in life (from birth) can prevent the onset of eczema in babies, especially those with a strong family history of the skin disorder.
At Nila, we promote the use of pure and natural essential oils together with plant oils and gel to detox, lower stress, ease itching, moisturise, reduce inflammation and promote healing, regenerate new cells growth.
We recommend the following essential oils and plant oils and gel:
- Anti-Stress: Lavender EO, Geranium EO, Juniperberry EO, Chamomile EO (both Roman and German)
- Ease itching and calming: Lavender EO, Peppermint EO, Chamomile Roman EO, Helichrysum EO, Shea Butter, Olive Oil, Aloe Vera Gel
- Detoxifying: Juniperberry EO, Rosemary EO, Geranium EO, chamomile German EO
- Anti-inflammatory and Regenerating: Frankincense EO, Helichrysum EO, Lavender EO, Myrrh EO, Chamomile German EO, Patchouli EO, Palmarosa EO, Shea Butter, Wheatgerm, Calendula infused Oil
- Anti-bacteria, Anti-fungal: Peppermint EO, Geranium EO, Marjoram Sweet EO, Bergamot EO, Palmarosa EO, Aloe Vera Gel
- Healing: Lavender EO, Geranium EO, Chamomile EO (both Roman and German), Helichrysum EO, Bergamot EO, Shea Butter, Wheatgerm Oil, Olive Oil, Calendula infused Oil, Aloe Vera Gel
- Moisturise and Nourishing: Palmarosa, Sandalwood, Wheatgerm, Shea-butter, Aloe Vera gel, Rose Hip Oil, Olive Oil, Calendula infused Oil.
- Softens skins and fade scars: Unrefined Shea Butter, Wheatgerm Oil, Olive Oil, Rosehip Oil, Calendula Infused Oil
We recommend all essential oils to be diluted in plant oils before topical application, the functions of the plant oils as follows:
- As a moisturizer
- To soften skin
- To nourish skin
- To fade scars
- To promote skin elasticity
- To influence sebum production
- To protect the skin against internal and external influences
- As a pain relieving medium
- As healing support medium
- As medium for use of essential oils on the skin
Suffer No More!! Click here to try Nila 100% Natural Eczema Relief Oil today for immediate itching relieve, and to rid of the dry, rough, itchy inflamed skin. Our eczema relief oil are carefully formulated with pure natural essential oils and plant oils and offers the best natural remedy for immediate relieve of eczema symptoms, nourish and moisturise your skin and fade away the scars.
- Suitable for teenagers and adults
- Ingredients: Wheatgerm Oil, natural vitamin E, Lavender EO, Frankincense EO, Patchouli EO
- Suitable for age 6 months to 10 years old
- Ingredients: Organic virgin olive oil, natural vitamin E, Lavender EO, Frankincense EO, Patchouli EO.
- For age 3 to 6 months – please dilute further with olive oil or any suitable plant oils
- For age 3 months and below, we recommend you use only unrefined Shea Butter, Olive oils and plant oils
For weeping eczema, apply eczema relief oil over the affected area. Once absorbed, apply a layer of unrefined shea butter
For extreme itching (age 4 and above):
- add 2 to 5 drops (age 4 to 10) of peppermint EO to Nila Kids Eczema Relief Oil
- add 10 drops (age 10 and above) of peppermint EO to Nila Eczema Relief Oil
Apply at least 2 times a day, or as often as needed, especially shower. Please continue the use of Nila Eczema Relief Oil for its nourishing and moisturising properties to prevent flare-ups.